Welcome to the new site of the IPMS Racing & Record Aircraft Special Interest Group.
Goal of this new website is to make it easy to share information on air racing, racing aircraft and 'how to' model these aircraft.
Here SIG members share information on the model aircraft they are building by writing build reports or reviews. But even before you reach the actual building stage (which in my case may take a long time) you can gather or share information on the aircraft you are researching by sharing news from the air race or modelling scene, pictures, drawings and of course knowledge. Not to forget gossip or rumours.
Some information on this site is public, some information is restricted to members only (login required). Members not only get to see more articles, they are also able to add information to the site. See the About us – Membership page for more details on how to become a member.
What can you find where?
A short introduction to help you find your way through the menu of the site. Note that sub menu items appear on the right of menu bar.
- On the Home page you find the recently published items: articles about air racing or modelling, news or information about the SIG. These articles will also be published in the relevant categories, so you might see them again when you browse through the menu.
The Air Racing menu gives you information on
- Events: coming air racing or modelling events
- Modelling: Articles about modelling Racing & Record Aircraft
- Air Racing: Articles on air race modelling. Members have access to more articles
- Submit Article: here you can submit an article on any of the above (Members only)
About Us: who are we?
- Bent Throttles: An index of all the issues of all the published issues of Bent Throttles which are still available as back issues.
- Membership: How can you become a member?
- Contact: Contact us through our representatives
Gallery - The picture gallery is subdivided in 3 categories. There are 3 ways to navigate through these categories: browse the category list on the Gallery page, walk past the pictures on the picture wall in the sub menues or Browse Gallery through the image folders Windows style. It is possible for members to add pictures to folders (called categories in Joomla) in the Browse Gallery.
- Pictures (Members only)
Forum (Members only) - The Forum is subdivided in 3 categoriescurrent topics:
- Build reports
- Kit Reviews
- Talk about air racing or modelling
- Search: search the forum
Links: here you can find links, organised in serveral categories, to modelling and air racing sites.
- Add Link (Members only): add a link to one of the categories
Login: Here you can login to your account
- Register as a member (Members only): when you are a member of the SIG but do not have an account on this website you can register here. After conformation you can activate your account.
- Search: in the search field you can search for specific keywords in articles and links (but not the Forum)
With the possibility of adding articles and pictures to the site comes also the responsibility to respect intellectual property rights of others. Only upload articles and pictures for which you have permission (preferable in writing). Just realize that copyright laws differ from country to country which makes defining simple rules for a worldwide SIG a mission impossible. We should take care to avoid infringement of international copyright laws!